Monday, May 11, 2009

A Fifth Grader Reacts to Guilford Elementary/Middle School's Tree Planting

Written by Michelle Beverly, 5th Grade Student, Guilford Elementary/Middle School.

On Friday, April 24, all 5th graders enjoyed planting the trees. I have heard from many 5th graders that they loved the activity. This is what we did: first, we saw how big the tree [to be planted] was. Then, we dug a hole big enough to plant the tree. I found over 100 worms, so I put some back to help the tree grow. I also asked [my classmates], was it fun at the time? They said yes. By the time we finished our first tree we moved on. Mr. Sam needed some help with five more trees. Mr. Sam asked if I could round them up and of course I said yes. I got all the 5th graders to come on over and help me finish, but there was one tree we forgot. But bad news, we had to go and we couldn't plant the other tree -- I was a little upset about having to go but really planting the trees was worth it because it made Guilford School a beautiful place, so thank you!

No comments: